Monday, February 27, 2017

Downtown with the Kids + Toddler Tantrums

The other weekend we went downtown with the kids and strolled around for a bit. I wish this is what we looked like every day. But in reality, we are usually in mismatches clothes, covered in food and I feel like I am constantly managing one of the kids toddler tantrums. So these sweet moments are much appreciated! 

Everyone loves a little fresh air, and the kiddies love going on mini adventures, no matter how small they are. Dressing these two is so much fun for me! I try to shop sales and discounted items but I think we might be in trouble as Blakely gets older! She's already raiding my closet and putting on my shoes. She loves sitting in my lap while I put my makeup on in the morning and playing with my makeup brushes. :) So different from Ryder as a young toddler, running around fixing everything with his screw driver. Aw, I miss my baby Ryder man! 

Ryder is harder to dress these days. Constantly begging for "shorts and a black t shirt". He hates pants and wearing any sort of jacket or sweater. So I really have to warn him ahead of time to avoid the toddler tantrum!! Ugh. Now that he can dress himself (kind of) it helps him feel more independent, but also, he slooooooooow. And gets frustrated when he messes up or can't figure out how to zip his hoodie, etc.

I was telling my husband the other day that motherhood can be so stressful. It's so hard to wake up not knowing what mood your kids are going to be in. I never know if they are going to be whiney, moody, needy, etc. And sometimes just the question mark of motherhood can drain me. I know I will desperately miss these younger years (they are slipping through my fingertips!) but the days can be so very long and draining when two little people are tugging at you, have demand after demand and cry and get frustrated with the difficulties of being a toddler! All of our outfits (or similar items) are linked below. 

Photography by Lisa Pummel
Ryder's adorable "Heart Breaker" sweatshirt is from Ily Couture

No comments:

Post a Comment