Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Simple Sloppy Joes

I wanted to share another very simple recipe with you guys. This has been a go-to quick dinner for our family for years! It's so simple and yummy. You only need a few simple ingredients and it's ready in about 15 minutes. 

Ingredients:
Ground beef (or turkey)
Ketchup
Hamburger buns
Sliced cheese
Red onion *optional

Instructions:
1. Add meat and chopped onion to large saucepan
2. Brown meat on medium-high heat over stove
3. Add Manwich sauce over cooked meat
4. Add ketchup (I use about 1/4 cup)
5. Cover and simmer 5-10 minutes
6. Serve over hamburger buns and top with sliced cheese

If you'd like, you can toast the buns in the oven to get them warm and crispy. I put the buns directly on rack for a few minutes (@425).

I typically pair our Sloppy Joes with a vegetable or salad. This time I paired with roasted broccoli. I chop up the broccoli so it is a better bite-size for kids. Drizzle the broccoli in garlic olive oil and sprinkle with lemon pepper. Place in oven for 20 minutes @425. (**I get the veggies in oven before I start to cook the meat on stove top so it's timed close together.)

It's so simple and everyone goes back for seconds! I would love to know if you guys try this super simple dinner. Tag me on the gram @whatsup_buttarcup

Wishing you all a happy and peaceful Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment