Friday, November 4, 2016

Denver Style Magazine - Denver Boutiques I love + What I've Learned on my Motherhood Journey

Hey guys! Today I'm sharing a bit about a couple Denver boutiques that I frequent. This adorable top (I love a patterned top!) is from Fabrik in Aspen Grove. I love the style of this top and the keyhole adds even more interest. I really enjoy shopping this boutique and the service there is wonderful! 

These destroyed denim jeans are a favorite of mine. They are from Pinks in Bonnie Brae. I am a huge fan of destroyed bottoms and love mixing this more casual look with more sleek and formal tops to mix it up. These jeans are very stretchy and comfortable while I'm chasing kids around or while I'm out on a date with Tim and we're eating a seven course meal. Ha! It doesn't feel like a real date night unless we've stuffed our faces with delicious food!

I have these lace up heels in nude and black and LOVE them. They are beautiful, a great price point and definitely take the look to the net level! The heel is a perfect height. Maybe it's a sign of old age when you refuse to wear heels that are too high? I never thought this day would come! Haha. 

This Rebecca Minkoff bag is a wonderful piece to add to your wardrobe. Any neutral color will go with everything and it has remained in wonderful condition! I also love this neutral Nixon watch. I really love being able to mix up this watch with my go-to Micheal Kors watch (which I equally love, but gives a very different look). 

My tassel bracelets are older but I am linking this set. I am also in love with this set and want to get it in another color! I really like buying sets like this because it takes the guess work out of pairing random pieces together. This set is beautiful. 

I recently got this personalized bar necklace from Stella and Dot in rose gold. I got my kiddies initial on this one and wearing it everyday. I layer it with my diamond necklace my husband surprised me with on our wedding day. This necklace was purchased from Mark's Diamonds (along with my engagement ring and push presents) and I really like the way these two necklaces look together! I am a big fan of short, layered necklaces. 

I love wearing jewelry that reminds me of my kids. I have many pieces with their names or initials. Being a mom has changed my life and my perspective on life in so many ways! I swear I came out of the womb wanting to be a mommy. Aside from my dream to become the next Mariah Carey (so embarrassing! Tell me I'm not the only kid who put on shows for the neighborhood kids? I even went as far as to sell tickets to my shows. My parents must have been SO proud. LOL) I only had my heart set on being a mom. But I had no idea what I was getting myself into! 

Like most new moms, I dreamed about the perfect pregnancy glow, the adorable little clothes and the beautiful nursery I would get to decorate. I was clueless about how much my heart would change and grow through this experience! Things that used to be important and worth my time just weren't anymore. Nothing in life mattered more than my baby! 

After Ryder was born, it was so strange to me that life just kept going and looking the same for everyone else. My husband included. The world stopped for me. In a wonderful way! I never expected my heart to feel as though it was going to BURST from the overwhelming love I felt for him. Now that I am a mom of two littles, I can't believe how much I can love two little humans. My love for them is FIERCE and intense. I have no idea how to describe it. 

Because I was so very much in love, I was shocked and in denial about my experience with postpartum depression. You can read about that HERE. A few things I've learned about being a new mom:

It's important to get time away. 

This is the most wonderful thing that will happen to your marriage, and the hardest. 

You won't care (as much as you thought you would) that your body has changed forever, you don't have time to get ready every day, your needs and wants are very low on the list of priorities, and no matter how hard it is (the lost sleep, the financial stress, the tantrums, the never-ending to-do list) you'd do it all no questions asked over and over again. Because they are your world. This love is innate and unconditional. I love this quote: "Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside of your body." - Elizabeth Stone

And that's exactly what it feels like. I've learned to let a lot of things go (like a clean house!) and try to enjoy the little moments because these babies of mine won't be little forever. I try hard to forgive myself when I make mistakes (which is daily) and spend lots of time staring at their little faces. I love watching them play and focus while learning. They completely melt me into a puddle of goo and I love every second of it!

Click arrows on either side to scroll through items. Click on image to shop item! xo

See all Denver Style Magazine blog posts HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment