Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Family Photos with Lisa Pummel @ Rose Garden

The past couple years I have decided to get family pictures taken in the summer time because all the kids have birthdays in the summer. So it's fun to do a little shoot each year as a family. I love seeing the difference year after year! This year Lisa recommended we shoot at this gorgeous rose garden in Littleton. I had no idea this place even existed! It was so pretty and we were lucky to get wonderful weather the night of our shoot. 

It's so hard to get five people to look decent at the same time in one photo! Ha. So I really just embrace the chaos and try not to have anything too specific in mind when we do shoots all together because it never turns out the way I envision. It usually turns out great! But going into family photo shoots with really specific image ideas in mind always set me up for disappointment because news flash: you can't control toddlers! 

A tip I give people when they're looking to take family pictures like this (if they have multiple little ones) is bring help! Whether it's a grandma, friend or a baby sitter, bring someone who can be a helper with the little ones! We brought our sitter to this shoot and she is so helpful with trying to get the kids to both look at the camera and makes goofy faces to get them to smile. It works, guys! I also give her mini marsh mellows so she can give the kids little bites of candy throughout the shoot and that helps the kids get excited about behaving well so they can get little treats! (You can see my other family photo shoot tips here.) 

PS my dress has the prettiest details! It's perfect for weddings, date night, church, work, etc. It's a must-have! And it's currently on sale! Shop here

Blakely started ballet and tap a few months ago and now she loves showing off her "first position" and tapping her toes as often as possible. It KILLS me. :)
Blakely and Daddy singing "itsy bitsy spider" :)
These two kill me! Haha. Ryder with his legs crossed. He looks like an old man smoking a cigar in his recliner. Ha!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment