Thursday, October 22, 2015

Halloween Party at the Park

Every now and then I try to set up a big play date at a park with lots of mommy friends. This time we had all the kiddos come in costume, had cookies and made a craft. It was a great turn out with nine friends and 14 kids! Ryder is in love with this park and specifically loves the one black swing they have. He doesn't want to swing in the blue swings. NO! What are you, crazy!? Only the black swing will do. 

Blake was such a trooper and didn't complain at all about me putting her in this adorable flamingo costume! So freaking cute, you guys. I can't take it!! Ryder is obsessed with Despicable Me, calling it "minions". So... he's a minion. I thought he would love this and think it was cool. But, no. "Surely I can at least get the body suit on him," I thought. Nope. I was wrong. That was a battle and the hat/head piece?! Forget it. 

There is something so wonderful about having mom friends who are living with the same joy and struggles I am facing. I can meet any of these moms on a regular basis in my pjs (seriously, sometimes I don't even go the extra mile and put on leggings. Because really, what's the difference?! And who am I kidding? I have no plans to do yoga.) with my hair a dirty mess and oops... Yup. Definitely forgot to brush my teeth again. Dang it. Oh well. Hmm... Maybe there is a reason my friends are always offering me gum??! HA! JK. But maybe they should? ;) We all just show up to the play date whenever we can manage to get there. Sometimes the kids are really well behaved and play together the whole time. Other times, they scream and whine and fight over toys. It was my turn I guess. Ryder was screaming (I mean, SCREAMING) almost the entire play date. Usually this doesn't phase me much. But OMG he wouldn't stop. My friend Julie and I were trying to put paint on plates for the kids to do their craft and the wind kept blowing... Paint everywhere. Plates everywhere. Craft FAIL. Blakely's hungry. Trying to feed her while she's in the carrier on my chest. Don't give me that nasty look! Yes I am nursing my baby in public. No I am not using a nursing cover. Yes, that's my boob. UGH It's 2015, people. Trying to clean the boogars and cookie off of Ryder's face while I paint his hand green and try to shove the paci back in Blake's mouth. (Apparently it's hard to nurse when your mom is moving and painting and picking up your two year old brother and the wind is blowing and your moms shirt keeps slipping up, preventing you from being able to reach the boob!) 

I think I exchanged a few sentences with some of my friends?! I can barely remember. I know I didn't get to see everyone and left right as a couple more friends were just showing up! But Ryder needed to go. Poor guy was struggling and I just needed to go home. Sit with him on the couch and love on him. Adjusting to a new baby sister is hard. It's still hard on me, too. I feel pulled in a million different directions. Sometimes I crave alone time. "Can I just shower in peace?!?!?!!" Other times I miss Ryder and desperately need quality alone time with him. Then before I know it, I miss Blake. Wanting to sit on the couch and just stare at her. Everyone leave me alone! I am going to sit here and stare at my perfect baby and watch tv in my pjs ALL. DAY. LONG. Oh, but wait... I miss Tooth. Wait, TJ. I want to hang out with TJ. Maybe I'll take him to see a scary movie? Yeah, That'd be fun. Wait, I'm tired. Oh no! The laundry. I haven't done any of the laundry! Crap. Did anyone feed the dog today? No. This week at least?! Oops. 

It's a hard adjustment. We are all still getting used to our new norm. Don't let Facebook or Instagram fool you. My life is not in perfect order. And it isn't easy being in a blended family with three kids. It's busy. And hard! And also, it's wonderful. 

I obvi didn't get pics of everyone who came to the party. I was a little distracted. But so glad everyone made it out! Somehow I managed to get the green handprints home and I finished the craft in the dark, by myself after the rest of my family had gone to bed. I told Tim about our day at the park and he said, "that sounds miserable!!! I would just stay home!" Haha. It does sound miserable. And sometimes, it is. But it's also great to get out and see friends. You know, other adults. Even though all we talk about is related to babies, nursing, toddler nutrition, baby clothes, etsy, baby furniture, bottles, maternity clothes, etc... It's the highlight of my day! I swear I wouldn't be able to make it through this phase of life without all of these women by my side. They just get it. I can text them at 3am asking which diaper bag I should get. "Black or brown?! Can't decide." HAHA These are literally our conversations. Or I can text them sobbing when I'm fighting with my husband over whether or not it makes sense to start the dishwasher when it isn't completely full. (Seriously, you fight about weird things when you're tired and stressed and hormonal and overwhelmed.) We text each other about everything. But don't call. I mean, come on. I won't be able to hear you over the incredible volume of my toddler. So we text. The entire day. We just answer when we can. No judgement. You can't respond for two days? No biggie. Totally been there. From bible verses to Ecards. Fights with the hubby to our newest purchase of bows. We text/talk about everything. And I am forever grateful to God for placing such wonderful women in my life. 

My 11 week old baby flamingo. Gets cuter every second!


Poor Blake. LOL

It's hard being a minion!

Britt and Ford - race car driver


Preston - fire fighter

"Hat off!"

Do you like how he's miserable? And I clearly don't care?! LOL Sorry buddy.

Mommy took my hat off AND gave me a cookie! :)



Sugar high! LOL :) :)

Emily and Lola - cupcake
This is one of Emily's five girls! Super mom!

And Ryder's throwing a fit again. UGH. My life!!! LOL

Preston and Ford just look confused. "Why's he screaming?!" ... "I don't know!" LOL
            

1 comment:

  1. Halloween Party at the Park!! That sounds interesting. I have also been making plans for my holiday party that I am thinking to organize at some garden LA venues. I would like to visit some venue first before making final decision about party spot.

    ReplyDelete