Friday, October 27, 2017

Halloween 2017 - Game of Thrones - Mother of Dragons

Our family loves this time of year! It's so much fun and Tim and I have had a lot of costumes over the years. Now the kids are forced into the family tradition, too. LOL But they loved it this year. Ryder asked to wear his costume every day for the first week, but I had to hide Blakely's because I didn't want that beautiful tutu to get messed up. 

Can I get a fist pump from all my Game of Thrones fans out?!?!?! Hollllaaaaaaa. Tim and I are obsessed and binge as often as possible. We aren't completely caught up yet, so please don't get anything away. ;) I made these costumes very PG (obvi) and love how it turned out. I saw a similar idea on Pinterest and just went for it! I am so in love with these pictures! #heartexplosion

I looked and looked for a costume for Ryder. I knew his would likely be something that was already made and that I would have to make Blakely's to match his (color-wise). So after looking forever, I finally found his adorable (and perfect!) dragon costume at Pottery Barn Kids! I was shocked! I didn't even look there because I didn't think they'd have a dragon. I got the last 4T in store and was soooo excited when I found it. 

I then found Blakely's on Etsy. It was already in a similar green color to Ryder's, so it was a match made in heaven. I ordered it right away. And when it came in the mail I was so pumped! It is so beautiful and professionally made. I was really impressed! She loves it and looks so effing cute. I can't handle it. 

I knew I just wanted to keep my outfit plain and simple since the kids were in full-blown costumes and full of color already. So I found this tee on Etsy and it was perfect for what I was going for. I originally wanted a blue skirt of some sort because that's what I think of when I think of Khaleesi. But then I realized I was just going to clash too much with the kids, so I decided to go for black. I also knew I didn't want a skirt that went all the way to the ground because it's so hard to move around in a big, long skirt like that with the kiddies. (Last year I wore a long tulle skirt that was so pretty! My mama made it. But I felt so bad because I could hear it ripping and I was bending over and standing up over and over again with the kids. You can see last years family costume HERE.) Anywho, I also love that I can wear this tee and tulle skirt again in real life! Winning. 

These pictures make me so happy and I'm so glad I took the time to do family costumes this year (I was tempted not to with the move and everything going on over here - we are busy!) Thanks to Jenna for these amazing pictures. Last year the pictures were taken on my camera - which is a nice Nikon - and I edited them. But you can see the difference between a real photographer in these pics! LOL Note to self: Just because you own a nice camera, does not mean you are a real photographer. #rookie #dangit

Photos by Jenna Sparks Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment