Monday, April 25, 2016

The Wedding Guest with The Black Tux

It's that time of year! Wedding season is in the air! I love this time of year because the weather change is so happy and crisp. The excitement of summer brings me so much joy. I don't know about you guys, but sometimes having the perfect outfit for special occasions can be stressful! I will share with you where you can rent a suit or tuxedo to give you guys some tips on what to wear, no matter the style of wedding or event.

Also, if your husband is anything like mine, he needs some help! Ha! Tim has great style but something about a wedding makes him a little unsure and he's always asking me "does this go together?", "is this still in style?", "can I wear a black belt with a blue shirt?". So I will be giving tips for both you and your hubby/boyfriend!



This guide is so helpful! I will be linking dresses I love below in a variety of "event types" from this chart. Also, head over to rent a suit or tuxedo - casual, beach formal, black tie, etc! I seriously wish Tim and I had this guide and knew about this site before now! Tim has had ONE suit for the past 12 years and wow... Time to upgrade! LOL Just looking at this site makes me wish we had a formal event (or 6) to go to so I could dress him up all fancy. :)

You can rent anything, in any combo from this site. From one piece to the entire outfit! The price point of these rentals are also fab. I personally like options and different styles. While it's nice to have your own suit on hand, it gets boring to wear the same one over and over again (just ask Tim!! Ha!). When you rent a suit or tux, you can get a variety of colors, styles, etc and have confidence knowing that the style of his outfit is appropriate to the type of occasion you are celebrating! 

Click HERE to see how it works. Bonus: FREE SHIPPING and FIT, guaranteed! 

I absolutely love THIS tan suit (this is the "complete outfit") for a casual or beach wedding. I am actually kind of obsessed with tan suits!! And THIS classic black suit is perfect for a black tie event. So sleek and sharp! And how can I not mention this amazing NAVY suit? Love it!

Here are some dresses I'm loving right now for summer weddings or other special events:
Chiffon Maxi Dress - Stunning! So elegant. I love this dress! Someone please invite me to your wedding so I can wear this! ;-)
Lace Fit & Flare Dress -  This blush color is beautiful. I love how light this dress is. And I'm so into lace right now!
Dot Mesh Dress - This is so fun. This dress would love amazing next to a man in a classic, clean black suit!
Eyelet Dress - The bright orange is beautiful and fun! The eyelet detail is gorg and I would pair this would some bold earrings.
Embellished Gown - Beautiful. I love wearing dresses that have detail like this because you don't have to do much else to make this outfit beautiful! I picture this with a nude heel and next to my main squeeze in a tan suit?! AHHH. I love it. 
High Neck Dress - I love this simple black dress! So perfect. You can dress this way down or dress it up with some killer heels and fun jewelry! Everyone needs a go-to black dress in their wardrobe. 

Hope this helps! I'd love to know if you guys dress up your guy in a suit or tux from The Black Tux! Would love to hear about your experience and duh... I'd love to see pics of you all dressed up for you special occasions! Happy shopping, friends!
                                             

3 comments:

  1. This wedding guest looks are adorable. We have to attend a family wedding at Seattle Wedding venues and would suggest my husband to adapt this look for the ceremony. Thanks a lot for inspirations! I hope he likes it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your tips and style guide! I must admit I am sick of having to explain this to my partner every time he has to wear a suit somewhere! I need to print out this style guide and stick it on the wardrobe where he can't miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For wedding Tuxedo is the best option. I prefer getting my custom made tuxedo stiched instead of renting it as it saves money and fits me really well.

    ReplyDelete