Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Valentine's Day 2019

I've always been a fan of Valentine's Day! So nice to have a fun little holiday to look forward to after the Christmas hangover + cold January days. I love the bright, happy colors and of course the candy! The kids love when they wake up to new decorations on their table. Which is maybe the cutest thing ever, seeing their reactions and excitement. :)

I have a vivid memory of a special Valentine's Day when I was little. I'm not sure how old I was, but my dad woke me up before he had to leave for work. This never happened (he had to leave very early in the morning, so I rarely saw him before I left for school) and I thought I was in trouble. Ha! But he took me downstairs to the kitchen where he had a gift set out for me. I remember being SO surprised and excited. He gave me a cute little pink bag to hold nail polish in. And of course, there were about eight colors of new nail polish for me, too! I felt so grown up and loved. One of my favorite gifts ever. I wish I still had that nail polish kit/bag!

I kept their table simple this year, but I may have a couple little surprises for them on Valentine's Day morning. ;) I never realized how much fun holidays would be with little kids. We did Ryder's Valentine cards for his class last night and it was the cutest thing ever watching him write all his classmates names down. HEART EXPLOSIONS!!

Photos by Lisa Pummel Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment