Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Blakely Gray - 4 Months Old

Oh my gosh! Where has the time gone?! My pretty baby girl is already 4 months old and we love her more every second! She is the sweetest little thing. Such an easy baby and so smiley. She is definitely a morning person (like her Daddy) and is so chatty right when she wakes up. It's the cutest and just melts me. Blake's been in her own room for every nap (when we're home) and every night for the past 2-3 weeks. She does such a great job! Waking up 1-2 times a night to eat. She eats and goes right back to sleep like a champ. She's a snuggly little chub and I can't get enough. She is a people person and loves to be in the middle of the action. She loves sitting in her little bouncer chair in the kitchen where she can see all of us. She loves that chair and Ryder loves turning the music on for her. :) She's great in the car and in the stroller. Only really cries if she has a tummy ache or is over tired (which we really try to avoid). She loves watching Ryder run around playing with his toys. I think Ryder is starting to enjoy her. He's been kissing her more and O.M.G. I can die and go to heaven now. ;) She is great at nursing and taking a bottle. Sometimes she even gets formula and has never been upset about us switching it up. Ryder was the same way. Never complained. As long as his belly was full, he was happy! She's officially grown out of her 3 month old clothes which is so sad to me. I swear a part of my heart dies when my kids grow out of clothes. LOL Seriously though. It's just a reminder of how quick the time is flying by. I am trying desperately to soak up every moment with my babies. A lot of times when Ryder goes down for his nap, I'll lay down with Blake. We snuggle and take a nap together. I love this time with her. She truly is the sweetest baby with the most amazing smile and eyes. And those chubby cheeks! UGHHHHH I LOVE THEM.

TJ is a great big brother to her. Always asking how she's doing and if she's growing. Giving her kisses and having cute baby talks with her. He's so helpful with the younger ones, but specifically Ryder. They have the best relationship! They love each other so much and it's adorable. TJ is more than happy to take Ryder to the basement and play with him. Or play hide and seek with him. Again, adorable. He also enjoys tucking him in at night. So he'll read Ryder bedtime stories, rock him in his rocking chair and sing him songs before putting him in his crib! OMG My heart! I can hear him in there is this high pitched voice singing "twinkle, twinkle little star" and it's hilarious and makes my heart smile! He truly is the best big brother. I pray that their relationship continues to grow as they age.

After we've been out running errands, etc Blake loves coming home, taking off her pants and laying on the floor looking around. I swear I can hear her saying "freeeeedom!!!". HA! She loves to look around and kick and wiggle. The cutest. And Tim. You think you love someone and then you see them with your babies. And with your daughter! Seeing them together does something to my heart. I can't explain it, but it's amazing. Tooth has been so helpful. (He was with Ryder, too. And still is!) He's recently been helping me in the middle of the night (since Blake's been sleeping in her own room) by going to get her for me when she wakes up. Then I can nurse her while laying in bed. This is so helpful to me! Something about getting up out of bed and sitting in a chair for 30 minutes feeding a baby is exhausting. When I nurse her while in bed I can still rest. Then once she's done, I give her a few extra snuggles before I go put her back in her own bed. He's also great about waking up with Ryder in the morning and letting me sleep in another hour. I really appreciate anything that allows me extra Zzz's! I know I've said it before but, wow. He's very helpful. Dinner, grocery store, bed time rituals, laundry, organizing the house, etc. He does it all! On top of working very long hours, he comes home and immediately takes Ryder to play after work. Ryder loves this and I really appreciate getting the time to be alone with Blakely or just get one chore done.

Blakely is so close to giggling, I can feel it! I can't wait to hear her sweet giggles. I need to be better at videoing her "talking" because it's SO cute. But I swear every time I bust out the camera she just stone faces me. LOL! Being a Mommy to a baby girl has been so much fun! I am enjoying it all. And looking forward to the fun we'll have as she grows. Love you, Blakers. Please don't grow up too fast!





              

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful things happen to wonderful people! So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete