Saturday, July 18, 2015

Bold Patterns

We're getting so close to meeting our baby girl! I feel like I've been pregnant for 100 years! LOL I have been having contractions on and off for quite some time and have actually gotten used to them. For the most part, they don't bother me all that much. Just a little uncomfortable and it makes me tired. Every now and then I'll have a few close together that are pretty intense, but they always calm down after a while. So no major false alarms. 

I've been so emotional lately. My baby turned two and I just don't know how that's possible. NOTHING has made time fly by so quickly other than watching my baby grow. I love to see him grow, learn and change. But also feel so heartbroken as each day passes knowing that this wonderful phase of life will be missed once my babies are all grown up. Time is slipping through my fingers. I'm trying to just enjoy each day and be as present as possible, which can be hard when you're massively pregnant and miserable at times. 

I'm also just trying to enjoy this bump while it lasts. Part of me is like "GET OUTTTTTTT! I can't take it anymore!!!" and then another part of me is so sad to say goodbye to my bump. Leaving me with thoughts like, "I'm gonna miss feeling her kicks in there. Oh, I don't want to say goodbye to this cute bump!" There is something so special about carrying your babies and feeling them inside of you. Being able to carry my own babies is a gift I don't take for granted. With that being said, it doesn't make pregnancy any easier. Pregnancy is hard. This back and forth in my mind is making me feel a bit bipolar! LOL I was trying to explain to my hubby how hard it is for me to take care of Ryder on days I'm not feeling well (and even on days I AM!). Trying to explain to him that I really appreciate and enjoy my time when we are able to have sitters here playing with Ryder and entertaining him with his toys and playing on the ground with him. But then, I feel guilty one minute later. It is so confusing how I can be so grateful for some time away and feel so much guilt all in one sentence! Tooth has been SO helpful. He's always helping with dishes, laundry, dinner, bath time for Ryder, etc. And every little thing he does is MUCH appreciated. I truly feel I have a caring partner who is doing everything he can to help me out. Oh, I love him. But again, I feel grateful for him doing these things... and then... wait for it... Here comes the guilt!!! WTF?! Ugh, pregnancy hormones. GO AWAY! I do miss Ryder. I say this to my hubby all the time at the end of the day when Ryder is sound asleep in his cozy crib. And he just looks confused and says something along the lines of, "but weren't you with him all day today?!" HA! And yes, usually the answer is yes. But because I'm so pregnant and it's hard for me to really play with him and be fully there for him, it leads to me just feeling like I miss him. And I probably also miss him just because I know soon it won't just be him. I am really hoping to get some quality time in as a family before this baby girl gets here! Change can be hard. Obviously, having a baby is SO exciting and something we are so blessed to experience. Again! But it will change the dynamics of the family and I guess knowing that a huge change is coming my way is kinda scary. Welcome! But scary. 

Ok, onto this gorgeous dress! Sometimes a dress in large pattern like this can scare me. It’s a little out of my comfort zone. But OMG I’m so glad I got it! I love it! Once again, I feel like the pattern makes my bump look much smaller. That’s a huge bonus in itself. LOL But, it is also so comfortable and flattering. It’s more covered for the summer months, but I didn’t feel overheated in this dress at all (I wore it at night). Since this is also a nursing dress, I love, love, love that I will be able to wear this again after I have my baby girl. What a great dress to have for date night, a special occasion, and church. And you don’t have to add anything to this look to make it amazing. It already is! I love the colors in this pattern. Patterns are so fun and pieces like this can be memorable if you’re looking for something for your baby shower, maternity photos, etc. 





Get this PinkBlush dress here

PS PinkBlush also has a non-maternity line for all you non pregnant friends! Shop that line here. I didn't know about this non-maternity line until this pregnancy and I can't wait to try out some pieces after my baby bump is gone. Let me know what you think of the clothes if you try anything out! :)
           

1 comment:

  1. Stefanie Kathleen I just LOVE this dress. You're right about the pattern. It's large, but it makes you look smaller! I'm going to Pink Blush Maternity right now. I love that you can wear it for pregnancy and for nursing.

    ReplyDelete