Saturday, May 23, 2015

Gender Reveal

I thought it would be fun to recap the gender reveal we did in February. We did a gender reveal for our son Ryder in 2013. I felt it wouldn’t be “fair” to me the second baby to skip out on the excitement of a gender reveal. When I was pregnant with Ryder I was so excited about the gender reveal idea and knew exactly how I wanted to do it. So I got busy crafting.

The day of the reveal was so emotional. We didn’t realize how much we both wanted a girl and were kind of sad when we realized we’d be having a boy. That sounds horrible!! But I’m just tryin’ to keep it real, people! We had no idea that we were going to have such a strong opinion about the gender! Of course, we are so thankful for a healthy baby, bottom line.  And we knew that we would love him to PIECES. (And oh my gosh, we do. I worry I might bite the cheeks off his face I love him so much! One time when he was a little bitty baby I was tickling his neck and cheeks with my kisses and my love was so overwhelming that I bit his ear!!!!! LOL) As always, God knows best.  He gave us a perfect little boy that we adore and it’s because of my overwhelming love for him that I want 12 more! 

So when it came time to learn the gender for this pregnancy, Tim wasn’t exactly on board with the whole “let’s hire a photographer to capture a moment that is emotionally overwhelming” idea.  Ugh, men. It took some convincing, but I did convince him and we did the reveal.  And OMG, I’m so glad we did! 

We had convinced ourselves it was a boy and that we were gonna have a house full of dudes – which we were totally on board with. So when we opened the box and PINK balloons came flying out we were SHOCKED!!!!! I immediately started crying and could NOT get it together. HA! I don’t cry often, so I was uncomfortable and shocked and happy and – wow!  Finding out we were having a girl was an amazing moment. These pictures from my friend, Jathan at Jathan Campbell Photography, captured the moment perfectly. We were overwhelmed by the many emotions we felt. It was amazing and I’ll never forget that moment.  What a wonderful memory we will now have captured forever.

I’m so in love with this man of mine and can’t wait to watch him holding his baby girl.  We are so thankful for our healthy babies! God is good!
-Stef
Here are some pics from both Gender Reveals
Gender Reveal #1


Jathan Campbell Photography

Gender Reveal #2







2 comments:

  1. This day was such a fantastic day:) and PS. I think I'm really glad you didn't bite Ryder's cheeks off..

    ReplyDelete