Saturday, January 28, 2017

Weekend Baking with the Kiddies {Buttars Bread}

We had so much fun the other morning baking coffee cakes for the family. I haven't done a lot of baking with the kids thus far because it requires so much patience and there is a guaranteed mess at the end! So I decided to set aside a morning that would be spent baking with the kids. I find that when I go into an activity knowing it will be messy, but being mentally prepared for it, it ends up being tons of fun! It's much easier for me to embrace it when I've prepared. It's easier for me to encourage the mess and roll with the punches. 

We had a blast! Ryder loved cracking the eggs and I tried to let him be as hands on as possible. Even Blakely got into it and loved watching the mess happen. We made a coffee cake that I've made for years and we call it 'Buttars Bread'. It's a butterscotch coffee cake that we've gifted to friends often and it's basically crack cocaine! But legal. It's so good you guys! I've decided I'm going to give you my top secret recipe. ;) It's so easy, guys. (If you know me at all, you know I do not cook or bake unless it's super easy. Aint nobody got time for that!!) *recipe below


Buttars Bread
(4 coffee cake tins 4x8)

Mix together:
8 eggs
2 yellow cake mix
2 instant jello - butterscotch
2 instant jello - vanilla
2 cups vege oil
2 cups water

Toppings Mixture:
3/4 brown sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon spice
1 bag butterscotch chips
(I forgot to get butterscotch chips, so we used chocolate chips. Butterscotch is way better!)

Mix everything together. Put 1" of cake batter in coffee tins. Top with the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. Top with sprinkled butterscotch chips. Add another 1' layer of cake batter. Top with brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. Top with sprinkled butterscotch chips. 

Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees

If I'm gifting this to neighbors or friends, I wrap it up in cellophane
and tie it up with ribbon. Simple and cute. 
If you try this out, I'd love to know! :)
If you post a picture of your Buttars Bread on Instragram, 
use #buttarsbread so I can see it! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment