Monday, August 31, 2015

Blakely - 1 month old

Blakely turned one month old a couple days ago. I can’t believe how fast the time has gone! She is the sweetest little thing there ever was. She’s sleeping well and I don’t feel too run down most days. This is much different from when Ryder was a newborn and I was so exhausted I felt nauseous most of the time!! I was a walking zombie! She’s been great at nursing from the very beginning. She loves bath time and is very alert! She loves when you sit and chat with her and also loves being sung to. Oh my heart! I just love her so much. She loves to lay on the couch, spread out and look around. Her black hair just keeps getting longer and I love it! She’s a little cuddle bug right after she eats and I swear I could sit and stare at her squishy little face ALL. DAY. LONG.

We decided to get some pics of our one month old. I knew Ryder wouldn’t cooperate, because he never does. But I just told Tooth to put him next to me and snap away. Even if Ryder was screaming and crying (like he usually does. Which I actually don't mind. I love capturing his real emotion. Even if it isn't pretty or "perfect". Sometimes the imperfect moments are the best.) But instead of crying and running away, he sat next to me and asked to hold Blakely. OMG. I think my heart melted into a puddle right there. He must know that my love language is photography. I was so excited, you guys. He hasn’t held Blakely yet!! He’ll kiss her sometimes. He’ll check on her and give her the binki. But he has had no interest in touching her. LOL So this moment literally melted me and I’m thrilled it happened while we had the camera out! Best moment ever.

Ryder's already better at soccer than me. At least when I hold a baby I can blame my lack of skill on the fact that I have an infant in my arms. LOL


This face. Ha! She's always making this face at me like I've done her wrong! ;)

\


Oh my gosh! These little smiles! Is this real life?! How is she so cute? :) :)

Ryder isn't screaming or crying. And he isn't running away. I'm obviously thrilled!

Then he asked to hold her (he said, "hold you") and I thought my heart was going to explode right then and there. This is his first time holding Blake. You guys, I really thought my heart was going to burst from so much love!

And then this. He looks at the camera. And again, he isn't crying. He's actually happy to look at the camera and take a decent picture. VICTORY! LOL

Oh my! Then to top it off he leans in for a kiss!!!!

He's pretty proud of himself for loving on her! :)

He gave her a couple more kisses before deciding he was done. I swear I'll never forget this moment. My sweet boy and my bitty baby girl. Oh how I love them. I will cherish this memory and these pictures forever. Shout out to my patient hubby who took these pictures and captured the moments perfectly. I had a perma smile the rest of the day (and it's possible that I'm still smiling about this cute moment right now!).
               

No comments:

Post a Comment